Thursday 29 May 2014

Healed - Scarred #2 by J.S. Cooper - 3 STARS

 

Healed by J.S. Cooper
Three cute but slightly erratic stars
 Blurb - Lexi Lord has dreamed of dating Bryce Evans for years. And now that her dream has become a reality, she is no longer sure that he is the man for her. When tragedy strikes in their lives, they take a good hard look at their relationship and their very existences.
There are some ties that can never be broken, but Lexi and Bryce have to decide what love can heal them from their scarred pasts and what love they have to let of of. Sometimes letting go is the greatest gift of all.
Healed is book #2 in the Scarred series by J.S. Cooper, I’ve read this book straight after Scarred which is book #1.
My first impressions of Healed are Christ this is a complicated book, but thank god it has a happy if not slightly strange ending lol.
The good bits....
·         Luke, what a lovely bloke he loves Lexi and has for years.
·         This book has a happy ending and little Shelby gets a family... all together now arrrr.
The bad bits...
·         The who’s related to who gets very complicated in this book...? Bryce’s dad had an affair with Lexi’s mom, they had a daughter Shelby. So Shelby is both Bryce and Lexi’s half sister!! BUT then Luke is adopted and his dad is no other than... Bryce’s dad lol so that makes him half brother to both Bryce and Shelby!!!
·         I wanted to slap Lexi the girl needs to sort herself out!!
Ok so this book is sweet if you over look the slightly manic writing style.
This is nothing like the Forever Love series by J.S. Cooper; I think it’s the novella thing again, trying to pack as much stuff into a much shorter story.
I loved the moment when Lexi & Bryce both agree on their own that they will honour their commitment to each other, but as soon as they are together they realise that they don’t love each other it is just infatuation on both side. I’m not sure if it was supposed to but this whole scene had me literally LOLing.
I think I defiantly engaged more with Bryce in this book he seems much more stable, I loved the AHAAA moment when he meets Shelby and realises that this could be his fresh start raising his sister.
I think the nice message at the end where Luke & Bryce have embraced a relationship as brothers and all of them have created a big happy family for Shelby is lovely.
Anna, she seems like the only sane one out of the lot of them in this book she takes the mick out of Bryce and considering she behaved like a 15yr old in the previous book, she seems to have grown up a lot and matured in this one.
I didn’t hate this book it was just OK for me, I wish I had really liked and engaged with all of the characters but for me the storyline was so erratic I just didn’t feel like any of the characters were well rounded and developed enough for me to really relate to.

0 comments :