Sunday 11 May 2014

Maybe Baby - Book #1 in the Baby Series by Andrea Smith - 2.5 STARS

Maybe Baby by Andrea Smith
2.5 Alpha's are sexy psycho's are not stars
Blurb - When college student Tylar Preston goes to work for the wealthy Sinclair family stables in Bristol, Virginia in the summer of 2011, she quickly meets with unexpected events and the disturbing unravelling of her past. Is her past destined to taint her future?

Rescuing Tylar from unspeakable danger, Trey Sinclair, a handsome but arrogant high-powered attorney from Atlanta makes it his mission to protect the innocent and unworldly young woman from the dreams that hunt and haunt her. Spirited and independent, Tylar proves to be a challenge to the stubborn and relentless young lawyer. Together their often bumpy journey weaves itself mysteriously, comically, passionately and erotically down a path that promises to engage and move the reader in this emotionally stirring story.
For anyone who has ever been in love or in lust, MAYBE BABY will stir those forgotten feelings of passion and yearning within you; making you ageless as you travel the romantic and erotic journey with Tylar and Trey as they unravel the secrets of each other.
Maybe Baby is the first book in the Baby series by Andrea Smith.
Christ this is a long book, like a really, really long book!!
I’m not sure where to start with this book, I didn’t hate it, but I definitely struggled with aspects of it.
The good bits....
·         I love a good bit of mystery mixed in with my romance and this book has a lot of unanswered plot twists and turns.
·         Gina... she is the comic relief in this book and I love her character.
The not so good bits...
·         I really don’t like Tylar and especially not Trey or their dysfunctional relationship.
God I can’t even tell you how much I hated Trey in this book the bloke is an Asshole!!!
Don’t get me wrong I like my men Alpha and all the things that go with that including the possessiveness but Trey is not alpha he’s just borderline psycho!!
He tells Tylar what to do, he messes with her job, he tells her who she can be friends with and generally tries to control every aspect of her life!!!
This controlling behaviour isn’t sexy and heart warming its worrying and slightly disturbing.
The most compelling part of this story is the mystery surrounding Tylars mom and dad and for me this is the saving grace for this series, I want to know what happens....
The trouble is I’m not sure wanting to know what happens is enough reason to put myself through the torment of another long book full of Trey acting like a crazy person.
After reading this book I generally feel frustrated and a bit let down, this story line is good I just hate the main characters. Tylar keeps saying she won’t put up with Trey’s behaviour but then she just puts up with it WTF grow a backbone woman, the way he treats you is not normal!!!

0 comments :