Friday 23 May 2014

Nova and Quinton: No Regrets - Book #3 in th Nova Series by Jessica Sorensen - 4.5 STARS!!

Nova and Quinton: No Regrets by Jessica Sorensen 
 
4.5 flaming emotionally brilliant stars
Blurb - Today is the first day of Quinton Carter's new life. The toxic guilt of his past left him in pieces-but one girl unexpectedly put him back together. Thanks to Nova Reed, Quinton can finally see the world with clear eyes. She's the reason his heart is still kicking behind the jagged scar on his chest. And he would love to have her in his arms every minute of the day . . . but he's not ready yet.
Playing drums in a band and living with her best friends are just some of the highlights of Nova's life. But the best new development? Talking to Quinton on the phone each night. She wishes she could touch him, kiss him, though she knows he needs time to heal. Yet shocking news is on the way-a reminder of life's dark side-and Nova will need Quinton like he once needed her. Is he strong enough to take the final leap out of his broken past . . . and into Nova's heart?


Nova and Quinton: No Regrets is book #3 in the Nova Series by Jessica Sorensen and I’m assuming will be the last book directly about Nova & Quinton.

I want to start by saying that I am a massive fan of this author and have read many of her other books. I have been eagerly awaiting the release of this book since finishing book #2 Saving Quinton.

Book two is to be honest a bit of a downer, and I was worried that this book would be along the same vain as its predecessor.

Saving Quinton has a general feeling of despair and depression about it and I honest struggled to finish it.

Thank god that from start to finish Nova and Quinton: No Regrets fills you full of that wonderful thing call Hope!!!

So the good bits....

·         I love that Jessica Sorensen writes real characters, people that suffer loss and hardship and struggle with it.

·         Nova like the car and Quinton are honestly in my top ten book couples. It’s not silly instant love and to be honest neither of them are particularly likeable characters but together they just work.

 

And the not so good bits...

·         I’m not a massive fan of Tristan or Lea; neither of them seems like very good friends in this book.

 

I’m so glad that I liked this book; I really wanted it to be feel good and end on a positive note.

Drug addiction, grief and guilt are incredibly hard topics to discuss, let along write and series of novels about. I’m so glad that Jessica Sorensen does it in a way that is not condescending to the things her characters have endured and ultimately survived.

Although I didn’t particularly like Tristan he is getting his own spinoff book. I’m looking forward to seeing how his life pans out.

I love this author her novels are full of grit and angsty drama, I loved this book. I’m nothing if not a sucker for a happy ending and I really think that these characters are going to be ok.

This is a hopeful story, hopefully Nova & Quinton will be ok, hopefully they will have a happy ending!!

0 comments :