Friday 9 May 2014

Passion Unleashed - Book #3 in the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione - 4 STARS

Passion Unleashed by Larissa Ione
Four fantastically good stars
Blurb - FORBIDDEN TEMPTATIONS

Serena Kelley is an archaeologist and treasure hunter-and a woman with a secret. Since she was seven, she's been the keeper of a powerful charm that grants her health and immortality . . . as long as she stays a virgin. But Serena isn't all that innocent. And when a dangerously handsome stranger brings her to the brink of ecstasy, she wonders if she's finally met the one man she cannot resist.

FATAL DESIRES
Wraith is a Seminus demon with a death wish. But when an old enemy poisons him, he must find Serena and persuade her to give him the only known antidote in the universe-her charm. Yet, as she begins to surrender to his seductions and Wraith senses the cure is within his grasp, he realizes a horrible truth: He's falling for the woman whose life he must take in order to save his own.
Passion Unleashed is book #3 in the Demonica Series by Larissa Ione; so far I’ve read these three books in just shy of two days so you could say that I’ve become ever so slightly obsessed!!!

Ok so quick rundown I loved book one, book two was fab but not as good as the first but book three was Amazeballs!!!!!
 
The best bits....
·         Wraith... I could see the potential from book one, but god who doesn’t like a strong brooding antihero.
·         Serena & Wraith together I just love them as a couple they shouldn’t work but they do and I just love them I was almost in tears when I thought she was actually gonna die!!!
·         An Armageddon style end of the world situation gotta ove the drama!!!
The not so good bits....
·         I’ve really struggled to find anything I don’t like about this one.
Ok so fangirl moment again I love this series from page one I was completely sucked into the story. I willed Wraith to not be an arse and seduce Serena in one breath but in the next I’m thinking just do it so him, Eidolon and shade wouldn’t all die!!!
I loved Serena’s strength and the fact that she was badass and not some victim cosseted and hidden because of the charm and pendant.
The crazy plot of the fallen angel opening the portal to heaven, and essentially creating a hell on earth situation with no redemption is brilliant in its excess. The author has definitely adopted a go big or go home theory on this book and it works. What’s better than the antihero saving the world and doing it whilst being a sarcastic pain in the bum!!
Again with this book the ensemble gets bigger and we are introduced to Reever the angel and Lore the half breed brother. Every book the new characters grab my attention and guarantee that I’m gonna want to read the next book to find out what’s going to happen to everyone.
I will say that I kind of guessed that Wraith would end up turning Serena into a vampire once we were led to believe she was going to die. I did have a moment of thinking Oh god she’s actually going to die thank god she didn’t... im really a happily ever after kind of a girl.
I’m not sure where the books will go from here, the hospital was left behind with this book and the issues of the demons world became much more involved with the human world. Hey with a crisis that would basically have meant the end of the world I think it’s understandable that a demon hospital would be forgotten.
I really hope that Larissa Ione hasn’t peaked too soon with this book and that the next books in the series don’t pale in comparison. The brothers are all now happy and mated and settled as are Gem and Kynan so what’s next I for one can’t wait to find out.

0 comments :