Friday 20 June 2014

Pushing The Limits - Book #1 in the Pushing The Limits Series by Katie McGarry - 4 STARS!

Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry
 
Four enduring love stars
Blurb - So wrong for each other …and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.

But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

Pushing The Limits is book #1 in the Pushing The Limits Series and the first book I have read by Katie McGarry and I think it’s safe to say I’m officially now a fan!!!
Ok so the good bits...
·         I love Echo; to start with she has a seriously cool name!!! But she is also an incredibly strong girl.
·         Noah he’s just adorable, he thinks he’s a bad boy lol but he’s a proper marshmallow just with a bit of an attitude.
·         Beth & Isaiah, I can’t wait to read their stories.
And the not so good bits...
·         I hate school bullies there’s nothing worse and Grace is just a two faced horror!!
I liked this book its dark and full of angst but it still has this feeling of lightness and hope that allows it to not be too miserable.
I adore Echo & Noah together they are the perfect balance for each other, although this is a YA book you can still feel the attraction even if it is in a very age appropriate way.
Noah’s character is beautifully written, you can feel the intense love he feels for his brothers and the guilt and anger at being separated from them.
I think Noah’s life is actually more heartbreaking that Echo’s, to loose your parents and then to be split from your brothers is just awful! Add on top the abuse and neglect from various foster parents and I just need to reach into the book and give him a big hug!!!
As daft as it may sound my favourite character is Mrs Collins, she’s like the Clark Kent of psychiatrists. She may seem disorganized and chaotic but everything she does is planned and orchestrated. I love that instead of having these teenagers finding their path on their own; she helped them, guided them and supported them. She helped them to restore their faith in adults, I just loved her!!!
This book may be a romance but this is the enduring type of love that can reach over insurmountable problems and traumatic circumstances. Echo & Noah feel like they were destined to meet and help each other to learn to live again.
This book is so tragic, Echo grew up dealing with her mother’s mental health issues and then to wake up in hospital with horrendous scars but with no memory of how she got them is just unbelievably sad!
After reading this book I honestly feel like I have been on an emotional rollercoaster. I smiled, laughed and cried with these characters especially when Noah agrees to not try to get custody of his brothers.
My heart broke for him when he realised that his brothers were better off with Carrie & Joe.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, I engaged with the characters and was absorbed in the story and in the end love really does conquer all!!!

0 comments :