Tuesday 17 June 2014

Some Like It Wild - Book #2 in The Wild Ones Series by M. Leighton - 3.5 STARS

Some like It Wild by M. Leighton
 
Three and a half happy days stars
Blurb - How far will a good girl go for the bad boy she loves?

Laney Holt is a preacher’s daughter. A good girl. Her only goal was to get married, have babies, and live happily ever after, just like her parents. Only that didn’t happen. The two people closest to her betrayed her, and Laney’s dreams came crashing down. Now she’s left with an empty space she doesn’t know how to fill. Until she meets Jake Theopolis, a daredevil with a death wish who has heartbreaker written all over him.

Jake has no interest in thinking beyond the here and now. All he wants out of life is the next rush, the next “feel-good” thing to keep his mind off the pain of his past. His latest rush? Showing Laney there’s more to life than being a good girl—and that going bad can be so much fun. Her only concern now is how she can ever hope to satisfy the wild side of a boy like Jake. She’s looking forward to trying. And so is Jake.

Some Like It Wild is book #2 in The Wild Ones Series by M. Leighton, I like this author her books are light, flirty beach reads perfect for a warm sunny day.
Ok so the good bits....
·         Jake is a boy with a bad reputation, but he’s also a hot fire fighter so who cares about his reputation.
·         Laney, she’s a sweet innocent preacher’s daughter just waiting to be corrupted.
·         I like that this is essentially a drama free read.
And the not so good bits...
·         It’s not exactly Wild!!! In fact I might be tempted to rename it Some like It Tame.
·         I’ve definitely read a variation of this story before!!
Ok so I enjoyed this book, it is what it is a cute love story that has a very happy ending, and hey what’s better than that.
I like Laney & Jake they are the stereotypical bad boy and good girl couple and hey that’s a combination that always works. The phrase if it ain’t broke don’t fix it springs to mind.
I quite liked the idea that Laney wanted a traditional lifestyle there’s absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to meet the man of your dreams, settle down and have a family. I was quite refreshing to find a character set in the modern times who is happy to say this is what I want out of life, it worked for my parents and it will work for me.
I will be honest I didn’t really feel the chemistry between Jake & Laney to start off with, but once they started having sex the hotness rating when up and up. Jake has a very dirty mouth lol!!!
I have to say that I was not a fan of Tori, now I know that setting up Shane was well intentioned but to be honest it was still completely out of order!!! I can’t believe that Laney ended up forgiving her; I would have slapped the girl!!!
I have come to the conclusion that in the literary world there are two types of vicars, the salt of the earth do gooders who would do anything for anyone and the judgemental assholes who preach what they believe and ignore all other points of view. Where oh where are the normal vicars??? I am from quite a religious background and I have never met either of these types of religious figurehead’s lol!!
Jakes dad was a horrible person!! What father blames his wife’s suicide on his eight year old child!!!  God I actually gasped when Jake explained his emotional stuntedness to Laney!!!
I like this author and I like this series, it’s not really what I would class a particularly class as ‘Wild’ but it’s cute and happy.
This is the perfect book to read in my garden with a glass of wine, I sat with a smile on my face the whole way through and as I read the last word I went arrrrr and there’s a lot to be said for a chilled out happy story!!

0 comments :