Monday 30 June 2014

The Marriage Trap - Book #2 in the Marriage to a Billionaire Series by Jennifer Probst - 3.5 STARS!!

The Marriage Trap by Jennifer Probst
 
Three & 1/2 Old School Romance Stars
Blurb - To satisfy his late father’s wishes, hot and single billionaire Michael Conte must find a bride—someone who will fit into his traditional family back home in Italy—and fast, so his engaged sister will be allowed to wed. With no intention of being tied down, Michael “proposes” to fiery, free-spirited photographer Maggie Ryan: if she will play the part of his fiancée during her trip to Milan for a photo shoot, he will keep away from her married best friend, Alexa, and stop making Maggie nuts with their too-close-for- comfort flirtations.

But once in Italy, sexual tension sparks the hottest no-strings- attached arrangement on any continent. Could marriage be the most enticing trap of all?
The Marriage Trap is book # 2 in the Marriage to a Billionaire Series, having read book #1 The Marriage Bargain I knew what to expect from this book and when I decided I was in the mood for some old school romance I opted for this book and it didn’t disappoint.
Ok so the good bits...
·         This is a traditional romance story, you know what’s going to happen and you love every minute of it.
·         Maggie is lovely, she’s strong & Feisty and everything a good female lead should be.
·         Michael is a billionaire pirate lookalike with his long hair and Italian accent yum!!
And the not so good bits...
·         This is not a new story, it may have a modern day twist but it’s nothing new.
I want to start out by saying that I have always been an avid reader, I was encouraged at a young age by parents who read a lot and as an adult I still share books with my mom.
I was brought up on Georgette Hayer and Mills & Boon and I loved them.
In fact at one point whilst off work pregnant with my daughter I brought a job lot of 300 Mills & Boon books and spent about six months reading nothing else but old school smutty romances.
The Marriage Trap is essentially  a Mills & Boon style book, Its boy meets girl, circumstances take over and they figure they can never be together, they are still drawn to each other and have sex (usually a lot of sex!!) they then fall out and split up. Miraculously they find a way back to each other and live happily ever after.
Now this might sound like I’m slagging off this book but I’m honestly not, I LOVE Mills & Boon lol.
What I am saying is that if I’ve read this story once I’ve read it a thousand times!!
This book is not new and exotic, what it is though is a tried and tested formula that is guaranteed to bring a smile to any old romantics face.
I’m definitely an old romantic and I enjoyed it, it’s a fluffy, warm happy story about falling in love.
Overall I enjoyed this book it’s the perfect read if you are doubting that true love exists, if you need a romance book that’s guaranteed to make you go arrrhhh or if you fancy a smutty book that’s full of sex but doesn’t need an over 18’s warning sticker on it.

0 comments :