Friday 20 June 2014

Toxic Girl by Chantal Fernando - 2.5 STARS

Toxic Girl by Chantal Fernando
 
Two and a Half not what i hoped for stars
Blurb -  Everyone has secrets.

Finally, I had a fresh start.
I knew no one.
I could be anyone, or so I thought.
I wanted to be invisible, to blend into the background.
But it turned out keeping my secret wasn’t as easy as I thought it would be.

Enter Grayson Mills.

When Grayson noticed me, so did everyone else.
He wanted me. Bad.
And what Grayson wanted, he usually got.
Toxic Girl is a standalone novel by the brilliant Chantal Fernando I’ve read a load of her novels they are fab and I had high hopes for this one too.
Ok so the good bits...
·         Grayson, sexy, cheeky and rich happy days!!!
·         College romance gotta love them!!
And the not so good bits...
·         Paris, what a moaning, miserable cow!!!
Ok so I didn’t hate this book but it was just not what I was expecting from that brilliant blurb!!!
I was expecting a dark, sexy love story full of grit and angst, what I got was a college romance that was a bit annoying!!
I really disliked Paris, she started off great but as soon as she got with Grayson I just started to hate her!!
She doesn’t trust Grayson at all and they basically spend the book fighting, ignoring each other and then making up.
With a title like Toxic Girl I was hoping for something dramatic but the only risqué thing about this book is that Paris is a stripper that works in a club called Toxic. Now this is itself opens up loads of possibility but no she quits almost as soon as she gets with Grayson and the club is really never spoken of again!!
Dylan who is Grayson’s ex fuck buddy is supposed to be a bit of a villain and she causes issues between Paris & Grayson but she doesn’t really do anything other than be a bit of a pain in the butt.
I liked Grayson but he didn’t really do himself any favours, he slept with Paris’s sister London and then chatted her up to start with because he thought she was London!!
To top off the weirdness Paris then gets pregnant!!!!
There are elements when Grayson gets a bits alpha, he needed to do this more because to be honest the rest of the time he’s a bit of a pussy not a really attractive quality in a man.
I loved London she was the most vibrant and charismatic character of them all!!
I found this book all a bit disappointing, there’s nothing wrong with it per sa I just had higher hopes for a different type of book L

0 comments :