Monday 28 July 2014

Finding my Prince Charming by J.S. Cooper - Finding my Prince Charming #1 - 3 Stars!

Finding my Prince Charming by J.S. Cooper
 
Three full of potential stars
Blurb - Can a Playboy Prince ever be tamed?

When Lola Franklin decided to study abroad she never anticipated embarking on a whirlwind weekend romance with a hot guy before classes started.

And she certainly never counted on the hot guy being her new professor. Or a Prince. Or the biggest asshole she had ever met.

Xavier Van Romerius is the playboy Prince of Europe and he loves his life. He doesn’t do relationships, and never wants to get married. But when he see’s Lola Franklin flirting with his little brother Sebastian, he realizes that maybe he needs to rethink his ideas about love before the wrong Prince gets the girl.
Finding My Prince Charming is the first of a two part series by the brilliant J.S. Cooper.
I have to say that I love this author so I tend to buy the books blind and never really consider the reviews or ratings.
As an afterthought once I had finished this book, I had a quick look at the ratings on goodreads and I was surprised to see that there were a lot of really bad reviews.
To be honest I’m not really sure why so many people really didn’t love this story, it’s a cute, sweet romance novella.
SOOOO many people were offended by Xavier, yes he’s an asshole but aren’t half the male characters in romance books these days!!!
I quite liked Xavier he had a hint of alpha and he’s a bit of a pompous dick but isn’t that all part of the fun.
This book reminds me a lot of a Mills & Boon style story but with a slightly kinkier vibe.
I liked Lola although the switch between shy good girl and fiery sex kitten kinda gave me whiplash.
For me the absolute biggest problem with this book was the fact that it should have been a full length novel instead of two novellas.
If it had been a full novel I think people would have engaged with Xavier so much more, as an avid reader and a girl we all want to see the asshole man tamed because of the love of a woman and that’s what this book fails on.
This book ends right where the good stuff was starting to happen.
The sex was fairly steamy and I actually laughed out loud when Xavier asked if Lola had ever done anal I mean seriously where the hell did that come from!!!
This book feels like it is having a bit of an identity crisis, one minute it’s cute and sickly sweet and then its anal and public sex.
I enjoyed this book its light hearted and I get the impression it’s gonna get a hell of a lot steamier in part two.
For me this book gets 3 stars it’s got loads to potential to be at least a 4 star had we got the full novel in one go. Luckily for me the second part comes out tomorrow 29th July and I will definitely be reading.

0 comments :