Tuesday 15 July 2014

Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan - Undeniable #2 - 3.5 Stars

Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan
 
3.5 needed more stars
Blurb - Warning: This is not a story about fate or destiny. This is a story about pain, sorrow, and suffering. This is an impulsive whirlwind romance between two lovers that are not meant to be together. Theirs is not a world with sunshine and roses. Instead, their love blossoms in a secret world full of crime, violence, and death. Their story is about what can be born from nightmares.

Danielle “Danny” West is the daughter of Deuce West, President of the Hell’s Horsemen Motorcycle Club. A sweet and beautiful girl, she loses her way, searching for things that are always out of her reach. Erik “Ripper” Jacobs is the Sergeant of Arms in the Hell’s Horsemen. Once a man who always had a smile on his face, his life takes a turn for the worst when a tragedy befalls him, leaving him scarred and broken. During a midsummer night, Danny and Ripper’s paths cross, forever changing their lives. Hastily, their lust turns to love until another tragedy forces them apart. On a journey that is marred with ugliness and chaos, Danny and Ripper must discover if their unforeseen connection can find the beauty in their world.

This is Danny and Ripper’s story.

Everything has beauty. Even the ugly. Especially the ugly.

Because without ugly, there would be no beauty.
Unbeautifully is book #2 in the Undeniable Series and having read Undeniable and loved it I was really excited to get started on the rest of the series.
Ok so the good bits...
·         Ripper, god scarred a real tortured soul but its works for him hot as hell!!!
·         I’m so glad that we got some more of Deuce & Eva’s story too.
·         Cage I can’t wait to read his and Tegen’s book.
And the not so good bits...
·         Ripper & Danny’s story didn’t draw me in as much as Deuce & Eva’s
I enjoyed Unbeautifully it’s an unconventional love story but what I found difficult is that it just wasn’t as good as Undeniable.
I love the connection between Ripper and Danny but there just wasn’t enough of it for me.
I would have loved for them to interact abit more, and even Danny says that they only had one solid week together.
I felt the chemistry between them and I wanted them to be together but I don’t feel like I got absorbed into their world.
For me the most engaging part of this book was the parts that were in Eva & Deuces POV, everything about them is so tragic, they have fought every kind of adversity to be together and I was literally fingers crossed hoping for them to finally find some happiness.
Unlike Undeniable this book felt like a bit of an ensemble cast and we got glimpses into all of the different characters lives.
I can’t wait for Cage & Tegens book now there is some serious chemistry there’s a fine line between love and hate, I get the feeling their story is going to be explosive.
Overall I liked Unbeautifully but I didn’t love it so it’s a solid 3.5 stars from me.

0 comments :