Thursday 24 July 2014

Undefeated by Scott Hildreth - Fighter erotic Romance #1 - 4.5 Stars!!!

Undefeated by Scott Hildreth
 
4.5 brilliant stars
Blurb - Kace Meadows lives in Austin, Texas. Now 26, she has been in an abusive relationship since she was sixteen years old. As abusive as it is, she can’t seem to find a way to allow herself to end it. With her abusive boyfriend, she can’t seem to win.

Shane Dekkar is an unknown, undefeated, and somewhat shy boxer from Compton California. After the death of his grandfather, he moves to Austin and meets Kace by happenstance as she and her boyfriend are in an argument in public. He is drawn to her, and she to him.

When he meets her again two years later, he begins to believe in fate. But, as he prepares for a potential shot at a championship fight, there’s not time in his life or career for a woman.

Shane fights his inner demons by using his fists. On the street or in the ring, Shane does what he does best, he wins at any cost. Unlike Kace, Shane can’t seem to lose.

Undefeated is an extremely romantic erotica novel about fighting. Fighting for what you believe in. Fighting for life. Fighting to live.

And fighting to find love in the most unlikely places.

Be prepared to be moved, touched, stand up and cheer, and cry your eyes out. This book will, without a doubt, knock you unconscious.

Ok so Undefeated is book #1 in the Fighter Erotic Romance Series and the first book I have read by this author.
So the good bits...
·         Shane I LOVE him, he’s a bit of a nutter but with a heart of gold.
·         Kace, this book definitely shows her journey and growth.
·         Ripp he’s fab can’t wait to read his books.
And the not so good bits...
·         Josh, they should have chopped off his dick!!!
Ok well this book comes with some serious warnings which to be honest could put off a lot of potential readers. This book does have some disturbing scenes of violence but I honestly feel that they are necessary to the story and I wasn’t offended by them.
I will say though that if you have ever been a victim of domestic violence then this book may be upsetting as the scenes of Josh & Kace are very realistic and to be honest Harrowing.
I know that we are intended to dislike Josh but for me the beating he got wasn’t enough, people like that should suffer a hell of a lot more!!! 
This book is a bit of an odd duck it’s written by a man Scott Hildreth and I think that is very obvious. The author has a very unusual writing style which is very blunt and to a certain degree emotionless.
For me, for this story it was brilliant!!! I feel like domestic abuse when written by a women becomes very personal and emotional and the way Scott Hildreth writes Kace’s story really made me feel like I imagine she would, almost detached from what is happening to her.
Kace’s character when describing her life is so matter of fact I found it soul destroying she truly believes that she deserves the beatings and the emotional abuse. Her voice at the start of the book is monotone like she has been brainwashing into repeating what he has told her.
There’s something about Shane that is so uncomplicated it almost childlike, I really found myself engaging with him and his character was comforting and incredibly peaceful.
I love that he goes around and kick the asses of abusive men!!!!
Shane is kind of alpha but he does it in such a gentle way that you wouldn’t know he was doing it. I love that he helped Kace and was happy for her to be strong and independent and encouraged that for her.
The sex scenes were HOT!! I mean literally smoking HOT!!!! I was most definitely squirming in my seat a lot during this book.
I liked the boxing scenes for me they allowed the author to show the two very separate sides of Shane. Outside of the ring he is a controlled loving person who adores Kace and his friends and stands up for the weak and innocent. Inside the boxing ring he’s a bit of a nutter lol, I thought the inner monologue during the fights was brilliant. Shane became a completely different person, his controlled persona goes out the window and he becomes a cocky, sarcastic badass!!!
Ripp is a very interesting character and I thought he was hilarious during the scene at Josh’s house. I know this was probably not intended to be a funny scene due to the extreme violence but I properly chuckled the whole way through. I love his dry sense of humour and I can’t wait to read his book.
Overall I loved this book it was a really different experience for me one I thoroughly enjoyed, I would recommend everyone give this book a go, for some the violence may be too much but for the majority I’m sure that the writing and story will suck you in and spit you out the other side with a smile on your face and a different perspective on life. Easily a 4.5 Stars for me!!!

0 comments :