Friday 22 August 2014

Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle - Book Boyfriend #1 - 4.5 Stars!!

Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle


4.5 Team Mason Stars
Blurb - Scarlett MacGregor has lived a very sheltered life courtesy of her over-the-top controlling parents. Having never been to a co-ed party, much less on a date, Scarlett has relied on her books, her music, and living vicariously through her best friend Evie to keep her sanity as she's patiently awaited her freedom from their rule.

When Scarlett and Evie go away to college, Scarlett quickly meets Ashton, Dylan, and later, Mason, and is thrown into a crash course of like, love, and lust. With Evie's help, she must figure out the difference in the three and which one she wants before she ends up without any of them.

Metamorphosis is the story of Scarlett's transformation from a young, naive girl to a strong, mature young woman and her search for self-discovery and true love.

Metamorphosis is book #1 in the Book Boyfriend series and the first book I have read by this author.

I have fallen hook, line and sinker for this story!!! I actually can’t explain how much I enjoyed this book!!

I loved the writing style of this book; the story flowed so naturally that I just was completely absorbed in the world of Evie & Scarlett.

I cried like an idiot over Evie, why did it have to happen (can’t say what happens major spoiler lol) I was gobsmacked and it was so sudden!!!!

I love Scarlett she may have lived a sheltered and closeted life before college but she was not awkward and socially uncomfortable with it.

I laughed with Evie & Scarlett and I chuckled at the book boyfriend nights, I engaged so much with these two friends who just took life as it came and never let things get too serious.

I’m sorry to say that I HATE Ash what a douche, I don’t care if he loves Scarlett he is a knob and he soooo doesn’t deserve her!!

I’m totally team MASON all the way, I hate the Rat nickname but he is bloody adorable!! I love that he was so sweet and loving to Scarlett and that he called her Angel so bloody cute!!!

I really liked the way Scarlett and Mason interacted they seemed really natural together, they definitely had an underlying sexual chemistry but they were still silly and happy together.

I found the scenes with Ash to be uncomfortable I always felt like he was just stringing her along, the phrase I don’t want her but don’t want anyone else to have her either springs to mind.

I feel like Scarlett was more infatuated with Ash rather than her having actual real feeling for him.

I loved this book it makes a very quick reference to Beautiful Disaster and this book has a very similar feel to it and hell Beautiful Disaster is one of my favourite books of all time!!!


This book was brilliant I totally engaged with the character and story I give it 4.5 Team Mason stars!!!!

0 comments :