Tuesday 26 August 2014

Three Nights with a Rock Star by Amber Lin & Shari Slade - Half-Lite #1 - 4 Stars

Three Nights with a Rock Star by Amber Lin & Shari Slade

Four Dirty, Dirty Stars
Blurb - When Hailey crashes a Half-Life after party, she expects to find the bastard who knocked up her little sister. Instead she meets the sexy front-man who agrees to give her access to his crew if she gives him access to her body.

All Lock demands in return is three days of complete control over the Sunday School teacher. With a contract, because he’s been burned before. One misstep could send the band—and his tenuous sobriety—up in flames.

Hailey and Lock push each other’s limits… Against the penthouse window. Backstage. In the limo and on the elevator. But as the contract counts down, neither are ready for the party to end.

Three Nights with a Rock Star is book #1 in the Half-life series, I've read a couple of this authors standalone novels but this is will be the first series I've attempted.

I’m gonna put a bit of a warning to start this novel, this not for the faint hearted, this is a highly erotic, kinky love story!!!

That being said I loved it; it’s not a long novel so every second is jam packed with smut and depravity ever which way you look!!

Hailey is the church going, goody two shoes who goes on a rampage to try and find out which bad boy rock star got her sister pregnant. I love how Hailey was full of righteous indignation right up to the point that Lock gets her to sign the contract and then she’s all yes sir, ill suck your cock sir lol!!

To be honest once she signs that contract it’s the Lock show for the rest of the book!! Is this a problem hell no!!!

Lock is a seriously hot, seriously bad ass rock star with some kinky edges!!!

I love him, I also think he’s a bit of a dick but that makes me love him even more!!

Lock is defiantly alpha and the way he deals with Hailey is incredibly sexy, this book dips into the dom/sub relationship with a hint of BDSM thrown into the mix!!

The sex scenes are proper steamy and if the non vanilla stuff works for you then prepare to be squirming in your seat!!!

Ok now for the weird bit.... what the hell was going on with the Lock, Hailey, and Krist stuff? I don’t want to give too much away but I wasn't expecting that and it did nothing for me.

The secondary story of Chloe and her baby daddy was much more wholesome and sweet. I love how Chloe was portrayed as the sex mad wild child and Hailey the staid boring responsible one.

Oh how the tables have turned lol, Hailey has a dirty mind!!!!, she slipped into the role of provocative submissive and really embraced the hedonist lifestyle.

Lock has some serious issues but I’m totally prepared to overlook the mental health concerns because the man is just so sexy.

I loved this book, in places it’s confusing and some bits didn't float my boat but overall it’s hot as hell, rude and sexy 4 stars from me.

0 comments :