Monday 12 May 2014

Eternally North by Tillie Cole - 5 STARS!!!

Eternally North by Tillie Cole
Five Bloody Funny Stars
Blurb - Natasha Munro is your typical twenty eight year old girl, well your typical twenty eight year old English loud 'n' proud Geordie; curvy, fun and a whole load of fab-u-lous. Her life is all going to plan – good job, great friends, close family and a loving boyfriend – until an unexpected event stands everything on its head.

Nursing a broken heart and decked head-to-toe in tasselled chaps and rhinestones, Natasha and her flamboyant fairy of a gay best friend, Tink, uproot from their North-Eastern nest, throw caution to the wind and embark on a new life together in Canada. Canada – Land of the Rocky Mountains, maple syrup; oh, and an 'in-between movies' Hollywood mega-star.

Enter infamous bad-boy of the big screen, Tudor North – Tudor 'bloody' North! Tudor is towering, brooding and gorgeous, and he is harbouring a deep secret. His outward demeanour is cold and intimidating, and with it he successfully keeps everyone at arm's length; that is everyone except a certain Ms. Munro.
It soon becomes clear; what with her smart mouth and lusciously ample arse, that Natasha proves more than a match for our emotionally-distant mega-star.

Will Natasha settle into her new life in Canada? Will she ever find her fairytale happy ending? Can a movie star and an ordinary girl from England ever really make it work? Or will the secrets lurking in Tudor`s past scupper their chance of happiness?
Eternally North is addictive, funny and heart-warming; a fast paced comedic journey of self-discovery; an unyielding friendship and, of course, it would not be complete without a generous sprinkling of good old-fashioned British 'slap-and-tickle'.

Eternally North by Tillie Cole is book #1 in the Eternally North Series.
Ok so I’m going to sum up this book in two words.... BLOODY HILARIOUS!!!!!!
This is the third book I’ve read by this author and the other two novels Sweet Home and Sweet Rome were full  of drama and angst and were both brilliant. Eternally North seems like a complete change of direction and I loved it!!
So the good bits....
·         I loved so much about this book it’s hard to pick out the best bits!!
·         Tash & Tink were sooooo funny and I loved all of their interactions.
·         The nicknames were brilliant... Wilber, tatertot, pookie lol
The not so good bits....
·         Tash’s lack of self esteem, there’s nothing wrong with being a curvy girl and she’s a Geordie she should have been oozing confidence.
Ok so time to gush a bit more... I love this book; it’s funny and witty but still ultimately a beautiful love story.
I love the acronym LOL but for this book I’m gonna use the words I actually LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!! In fact I laughed so much whilst reading this book that my I got asked what I was reading.
 Tash could actually have dropped out of Geordie Shore I love that she’s real and a bit of a hot mess!!! I love that she is brash and loud and wears too much fake tan. But the best thing about her is that’s she’s not apologetic about who she is.
Tash dances into the restaurant and does the slut drop and gangnam style !!!! Nearly wet myself nuff said!!!
Tink & Tash and the way they speak to each other was brilliant, it’s the way I speak to my best friend, you know you won’t offend them because you have years of history behind you. The characters in this book feel real, their backgrounds and personalities feel real and that is so rare to find and for me one of the characteristics of a great read.
When Tink walks in on Tash & Tudor having a bit up the wall the melodramatic melt down had me in stitches.
Tudor, Tudor, Tudor swoon!!
No in all seriousness Tudor, he’s a brooding actor who pushes Tash away at the beginning. I loved that once they get together he’s all in and gung ho about their relationship. Even when he’s keeping massive secrets I never disliked him, I was almost shouting if you don’t want him love I will take him off your hands.
The psycho dad came out of left field for me I so wasn’t expecting that and to be honest I’m not sure it was needed.
Tink was the most extreme gay character I think I’ve ever read about, he was absolutely hilarious, everything he said was inappropriate and I loved him. I want him as a friend; if you exist Tink please call me lol.
I loved this book and here’s why, it wasn’t the deepest book, nor the most earth shatteringly moving book. But what this book was is memorable, it’s funny and realistic and joyful, I enjoyed reading and it would definitely make the extremely short list of books id read again.
I can’t wait for the next book in the series!!

 

0 comments :