Sunday 18 January 2015

***Review - The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre - The 2B Trilogy #3 - 4 Stars***

***Review***

The Shape of my Heart by Ann Aguirre
The 2B Trilogy #3
4 Funny, Sarcastic Stars

Blurb - Some people wait decades to meet their soul mate. Courtney Kaufman suspects she met hers in high school only to lose him at seventeen. Since then, Courtney's social life has been a series of meaningless encounters, though she's made a few close friends along the way. Especially her roommate Max Cooper, who oozes damaged bad-boy vibes from every pore. 

Max knows about feeling lost and trying to move beyond the pain he's been on his own since he was sixteen. Now it's time to find out if he can ever go home again, and Courtney's the only one he trusts to go with him. But the trip to Providence could change everything because the more time he spends with Courtney, the harder it is to reconcile what he wants and what he thinks he deserves. 

It started out so simple. One misfit helping another. Now Max will do anything to show Courtney that for every heart that's ever been broken, there's another that can make it complete

The shape of my heart by Ann Aguirre

This is the third book in The 2B Trilogy but the first I have read by this author.

I was actually sent this book by mistake by the pr company. But my options were delete it and pretend I never had it..... Or read and review it lol and I wouldn't be the lucky little book blogger that I am if I didn't take the opportunity when it arose lol.

This book is unexpectedly hilarious, the humour is dry and sarcastic and just my cup of tea.

Courtney and Max are not at all your typical preppy couple. I love that they are the 'alternative' couple. She's the punky bisexual girl and he's the brooding, cynical, loner. 

This book is just super sweet they are so lovely as best friends that it was obvious that this lovely connection would come next.

I have to admit to have a bit of a 'ahhhhh ok' moment when this book started and Courtney was speaking about her ex Amy lol I was like ok did I miss that this was a f/f love story lol.

Max and Courtney have brilliant banter, every comment they made to each other was an in-joke and I love the chemistry they had.

I love the idea that this close knit group of students created a family and the sense of community was very evident.

At times I thought Max was a bit of a dick, yes he’s had a tough life but god the guy was harsh to Courtney!!

I loved Michael he was just like Max only without the tortured soul, he’s mentioned in the epilogue for this book and I would definitely be interested in reading more about him.


At times Courtney was so in your face and brash she even made me blush lol, the sex was intense yet had a funny edge. Because let’s be honest sex can be really funny when you are with the right person.

I really enjoyed this book it made me laugh and still grin at how lovely the romance was

The shape of my heart gets 4 stars from me.