Wednesday 21 January 2015

***Reviews - The Crescent Chronicles by Alyssa Rose Ivy - Flight - Focus - Found - 4 Stars***

***Reviews***

The Crescent Chronicles 
by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Books 1-3


Flight
The Crescent Chronicles #1
4 God I Forgot How Much I Love Paranormal Books Stars

Blurb - Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.

Flight is book #1 in The Crescent Chronicles series by Alyssa Rose Ivy.

I can't remember the last time I read a paranormal book; it's got to be at least 6 months.

But I saw Flight was free on Amazon and something about it tickled my fancy.

This book is a cool twist on the supernatural hierarchy as we know it. We are always told that vampires and werewolves are the top dogs in the supernatural world. But in Flight these well know monsters are classed as bottom feeders and underlings.

And who’s at the top??? Well birdmen obviously!!!

Allie is a slightly jaded teenager and let's be honest she's a bit of a bitch!! I like her not so much for her shining personality but more for her funny one liner's.

Levi is the typical cocky jock, he thinks he's god’s gift and it's genuinely difficult for him to understand why Allie is resisting him. 

I love Jared but I'm waiting for Owen to come out of his shell.

I'm going to be vague but how could Levi trick her like that!!! What a douche!!! And he didn't even feel bad about it, I mean he changed her life completely without even asking and he wasn't remotely remorseful!!!

I was glad Jess left as quickly as she did because Hailey is brilliant. Hailey and Allie have some serious banter and I love the connection they have.

I have to say I love the bird man idea it's so unique I've never read anything like it before.

This book has dragged me back into the fold on paranormal books and I'm going straight onto book #2 Focus
Flight gets 4 stars from me.



Focus
Crescent Chronicles #2
4 Levi's Met His Match Stars

Blurb - Freshman year of college is hard even when you're not tied to the future king of a supernatural society.

Allie dives into college head first with Hailey as her roommate and the city of New Orleans as her backyard. As things within The Society heat up, Allie realizes that whether she’s with Levi or not, she's in far too deep to turn back.

Focus is book #2 in The Crescent Chronicles series.

This book picks back up right after the end of the first book in the series Flight.

I love that Allie doesn't just immediately forgive Levi he totally doesn't deserve it. Prince Levi who would have thunk it lol!!!

I love the interactions between Levi and Allie because she doesn't put up with any of his crap. She does come across a bit spoilt and prissy at times but I love her kick ass attitude.

The girls Allie, Hailey, Tiffany and Anne are fab together and I could totally see Anne and Owen together.

We get to know Jared a bit better in this book and I'm really starting to like him!! He's witty and sarcastic, he's fab.

These books are a bit dramatic and there's always someone plotting to take down the society's royal family. I can't help but feel like Allie is getting the raw end of the deal though. Her plans have been pushed to the wayside in favour of Levi's responsibilities.

I swing back and forth between liking Levi and wanting to throttle him. I like that he adores Allie and I love the take charge attitude but on the other hand he is never honest with Allie, he never gives her a choice and that really frustrates me.

I'm totally sucked into this series I can't wait to see what happens next.

Focus gets 4 stars from me.



Found
The Crescent Chronicles #3
4 Allie is Amazeballs Stars

Blurb - Levi might be hot, strong, and have a cool set of wings, but it's not enough to make up for keeping Allie in the dark.

Allie's tired of being left with more questions than answers. She's tired of loving a guy who refuses to level with her. Most of all, she's tired of her life spinning out of control.

Desperate to save Jess no matter the personal cost, Allie has to face the possibility that the only one she can trust is herself.

 Found is book #3 in The Crescent Chronicles.

I've read all three books back to back and personally I feel like it allows you to become more engaged with the story that way.

This book really racks up the tension and drama. So much happens that I feel like it's difficult to review without spoilers but I'm gonna try.

I love the twist of what Allie actually is, it added a third dimension to the story that I was not expecting at all.

Toby is as mad as a box of frogs!!! I honestly thought he was having a mental breakdown. His pursuit of Allie is relentless and to be honest a bit creepy!!!

It's so cool that the other upper class families are all different birds. But I kind of feel like Levi's Crow is a bit underwhelming in comparison with a peregrine falcon lol.


This book changes the whole dynamic of the characters in this book, Allie truly comes into her own and acts like the Queen she is destined to be. She plays all the boys at their own games and she takes control of the situation.

The older generation of the Society are right manipulative little monkeys; I mean seriously what is wrong with them all?? Toby’s Grandfather is an absolute nutter.

I'm really not convinced I like Levi's dad he is proper conniving and sly. In comparison with Georgina Levi's grandmother she's amazing!!! She told Allie that getting drunk was the only way to deal with it lol that's genius coming from a women in her 70's!!!


I'm so happy that Allie and Levi get their happy ever after in the end but I feel like I need more resolution on the other characters.

Jared needs his own book I can't wait for him to fall hook, line and sinker for someone.

This series would make an amazing tv show can you imagine it... sexy, ripped men suddenly sprouting beautiful wings and flying off!!!!   Seriously SWOON!!

I think this series has renewed my love of paranormal books.
What’s even better is that I just found out that there is a 4th book in this series #SOEXCITED!!

Found gets 4 stars from me. 

0 comments :