Wednesday 25 June 2014

Scare Crow - Book #2 in the Crow's Row Series by Julie Hockley - 5 STARS!!

Scare Crow by Julie Hockley
 
Five Dark & Perfect Stars
Blurb - Nineteen-year-old Emily Sheppard is losing her sanity. Ever since her mob king boyfriend, Cameron Hillard, abandoned her for her own good, Emmy has been attempting to move on with her charmed college student life as if nothing happened. Now rejected from the underworld and left grieving over Cameron’s alleged death, Emmy realizes she belongs nowhere. Worse yet, she is now keeping a dangerous secret.
 
After just a short time with Emily, Cameron has lost control over his world. As he miserably attempts to return to what is left of his life and unravel the mess he has made of the underworld, Emily’s hate turns to desperation. She needs to kill the kingpins responsible for Cameron’s death before they come looking for her. As Cameron secretly observes Emily, he has no idea of the danger he has placed her in—or that it may already be too late for him to save her.
 
Scare Crow is a tale of revenge, terror, and love as Emmy and Cameron embark on separate journeys to face enemies, correct past mistakes, and find their way to their destinies.
Scare Crow is book #2 in the Crow’s Row Series, book #1 absolutely rocked my world so as you can imagine I had some seriously high expectations.
Did Scare Crow deliver OMG yes it bloody well did!!!!
Ok so the good bits...
·         Emmy, Christ the poor girl she believes Cameron’s dead and her life is basically falling apart but she is amazing. She’s strong and tenacious and above all she is a fighter!!
·         Cameron, he’s a tortured soul and he feels like leaving Emmy is for her best interest what an idiot!!!
·         Griff, he’s like a knight in shining armour in this book he swoops in and looks after Emmy what a superstar.
And the not so good bits...
·         Julie Hockley I HATE YOU!!! Please stop finishing books on major cliff hangers!!!!!
Ok so I’m going to have a fangirl moment now.... I loved this book; I mean I seriously loved it!! It’s dark and gritty and painful and I loved every single word.
I will be honest I have read this book in a few hours and just couldn’t put it down. I feel like I have really been through the wringer, I’ve been through every emotion there is with this story and I don’t think that has ever happened to me before.
I empathized with Emmy the poor girl has suffered, she fell in love with Cameron only for him to then die (not really lol) and then she finds out she’s gonna have his baby. She is alone; she has no money and is fearful not just for her own life but especially for her babies.
I could have cried for her I felt every emotion that she felt, from her grief and desolation at loosing Cameron to her joy and relief in having Griff come back into her life.
I don’t think I’ve ever felt so absorbed in a female character like I did with Emmy I needed her to be ok, I still need to know what happens to her and now Billy too.
Cameron he’s a bit of an enigma, he’s very calculating and everything he does is planned and dissected to look at every available option.
His love for Emmy is so palpable that as a reader I could actually feel it, he genuinely feels like he is doing the best thing for her even though every reader was screaming at the book telling him not to be such an idiot!!
I honestly have no idea how this series is going to play out and as daft as it sounds that is just brilliant. I love not knowing what is going to happen and it happens so rarely that I am actually looking forward to not having a clue how the story will end.
But just in case Julie Hockley ever reads this it would actually break my heart if Cameron, Emmy & Billy don’t have a happy ending!!!!
Poor, poor Griff he is such a lovely bloke and he loves Emmy so much you just know that he’s going to end up with his heart being broken. I’m hoping that he will find someone in the next book who will allow him to get his happy ending too.
Crow’s Row & Scare Crow are a love story but it’s not a romance, it’s a dark twisted tale of enduring love in a world that has no room for sentimentality and is unsympathetic towards the traditional happily ever after. This story moved me and was beautifully written, Emmy is a ray of light in a dark and lonely world for Cameron and I love them as a couple.
Scare Crow is brilliant I loved every word and I can’t wait to find out what happens next 5 very easy stars.
 

0 comments :